EU-China ICT Cooperation Plan
The project identified and analyzed ICT policy and research priorities in China to align them to European priorities. This was achieved by the formulation of a EU‐China ICT Cooperation Plan. The drafting of the Cooperation Plan was supported through the organization of events synchronized with policy dialogue meetings, which provided further inputs and comments on common R&D priorities, opportunities and challenges. Further inputs have been achieved by actively interfacing with existing EU initiatives in China, such as INCO‐NETs. This Cooperation Plan was one of the main output of the project and was intended to be a guideline for the European Commission, DG CONNECT to promote international cooperation in ICT between Europe and China.
The methodology to identify and analyse these priorities included:
- Survey of national ICT research players for the development of a cooperation partner database
- Expert consultations on current and emerging ICT research topics (personal interviews and questionnaires)
- Policy consultations on cooperation priorities (personal interviews and questionnaires)
- Development of national Roadmap‐Surveys with ranking of research topics and cooperation priorities
- Organisation of a major Dialogue Conference, two Thematic Workshops and a Final Conference in close coordination with relevant policy dialogue meetings
To access the final version of the EU‐China ICT Cooperation Plan, please click on the below icon.